Wow, it has been forever since I (David) have tossed some thoughts into cyberspace that probably few will read; you do not have to feel bad if you only look at the pictures. Anyhow, I try to meet with one of my buddies for a little male bonding once a month. He is about to get married, so we have lots of opportunity to talk about life, our faith, relationships, politics, and whatever comes to mind. This particular Saturday I was trying to convey how mind-bending and life-altering becoming a dad has been. I told him that I thought it would be hard to engage with Jocelyn because she can't do much (can't run, play catch, talk about sports), but how that has been absolutely not the case. I really can't imagine loving Jocelyn any more than I do right now. The highlights of my day are getting her out of the crib every morning and seeing her smiling away and driving home from work and realizing that I will soon see her and Mindy. That is not a knock on work, but rather it is the result of loving a child in a way that I did not think was possible. On top of all of that, it is so amazing to see her develop and change; and it is especially amazing to see Mindy so engaged, so dedicated, and so much in love with this child. I am humbled and amazed by it all every day.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Thoughts from Dad-Part I
Wow, it has been forever since I (David) have tossed some thoughts into cyberspace that probably few will read; you do not have to feel bad if you only look at the pictures. Anyhow, I try to meet with one of my buddies for a little male bonding once a month. He is about to get married, so we have lots of opportunity to talk about life, our faith, relationships, politics, and whatever comes to mind. This particular Saturday I was trying to convey how mind-bending and life-altering becoming a dad has been. I told him that I thought it would be hard to engage with Jocelyn because she can't do much (can't run, play catch, talk about sports), but how that has been absolutely not the case. I really can't imagine loving Jocelyn any more than I do right now. The highlights of my day are getting her out of the crib every morning and seeing her smiling away and driving home from work and realizing that I will soon see her and Mindy. That is not a knock on work, but rather it is the result of loving a child in a way that I did not think was possible. On top of all of that, it is so amazing to see her develop and change; and it is especially amazing to see Mindy so engaged, so dedicated, and so much in love with this child. I am humbled and amazed by it all every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment