Jocelyn has turned 1!!! She has been walking for about 6 weeks now and has gotten so good at it. She had her 1 year dr appt and weighs 20 lbs (33%), her height is 31 inches (93%), and she has an 18 inch head (75%). So she has not changed much in the past year and continues to be long and lean. She started refusing her bottle this week, which is good because her dr told me to get her off of it asap. I had a great plan to get rid of the bottle gradually, but one morning she just rejected and wanted her straw sippy cup. She is living up to her name Jocelyn (joyful) because she is just so pleasant and fun to be around. I can see that she's growing into a toddler though because this morning, I was playing with the dog and Jocelyn walked over, sat in my lap and pushed the dog away with her hands. That was a big "Oh no!" for daddy and me because she has a little sister on the way. I didn't think she would be jealous because she's so little but it seems that she wants all of mommy's attention. She also has one molar! I couldn't believe it. I was poking around in her mouth last night, checking to see if she has any new teeth coming through and I saw the top of a big white molar pop through. It is huge! I said to daddy "that has to be so painful", poor thing. But you'd never know it with her. She's pretty tolerant of pain.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
It's Been Awhile...
Jocelyn has turned 1!!! She has been walking for about 6 weeks now and has gotten so good at it. She had her 1 year dr appt and weighs 20 lbs (33%), her height is 31 inches (93%), and she has an 18 inch head (75%). So she has not changed much in the past year and continues to be long and lean. She started refusing her bottle this week, which is good because her dr told me to get her off of it asap. I had a great plan to get rid of the bottle gradually, but one morning she just rejected and wanted her straw sippy cup. She is living up to her name Jocelyn (joyful) because she is just so pleasant and fun to be around. I can see that she's growing into a toddler though because this morning, I was playing with the dog and Jocelyn walked over, sat in my lap and pushed the dog away with her hands. That was a big "Oh no!" for daddy and me because she has a little sister on the way. I didn't think she would be jealous because she's so little but it seems that she wants all of mommy's attention. She also has one molar! I couldn't believe it. I was poking around in her mouth last night, checking to see if she has any new teeth coming through and I saw the top of a big white molar pop through. It is huge! I said to daddy "that has to be so painful", poor thing. But you'd never know it with her. She's pretty tolerant of pain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
she is so beautiful!
Post a Comment