Instead of a laundry chute, we just launch dirty laundry down from the 2nd floor. It's easier than me carrying the basket all the way down. I've asked David to put in a dumb waiter so that I can send up clean laundry, but I don't think he sees that as priority. Especially since (you'll probably notice the mauve carpet) we have many other things to work on with this house. The people who owned the home before us had different taste, but they were also an elderly couple so we can't fault them for not having a more modern flair. Anyway, Jocelyn loves to help throw the laundry down. I just put it in a pile and she gets to work.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Helping with the Laundry
Instead of a laundry chute, we just launch dirty laundry down from the 2nd floor. It's easier than me carrying the basket all the way down. I've asked David to put in a dumb waiter so that I can send up clean laundry, but I don't think he sees that as priority. Especially since (you'll probably notice the mauve carpet) we have many other things to work on with this house. The people who owned the home before us had different taste, but they were also an elderly couple so we can't fault them for not having a more modern flair. Anyway, Jocelyn loves to help throw the laundry down. I just put it in a pile and she gets to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is really cute:)
I hated carrying laundry from the 3rd to the 1st level in our old house, so I'm happy that this newly constructed house has the washer/dryer on the bedroom level.
When I was pregnant with Charlotte, I bought some big blue reusable bags from Ikea to put laundry in. I could fit an entire load of laundry in it, sling it over my shoulder and walk up the stairs. I even did it a few times with Charlotte sitting on my other hip!
Post a Comment