Sunday, February 8, 2009

Husband and Wife

Time for a rare husband post (sorry no pictures). Mindy and I celebrated 4 years of marriage on February 5. I like to ponder and an anniversary provides an easy time to reflect on what has happened over the past four years and what might be in the future. We are both amazed at how fast time flies and our four years have been a whirlwind. What I am truly thrilled about is how much our relationship has grown and deepened; how much easier it is to say "I was wrong" or "I am sorry"; how much deeper my love for my wife is now then it was four years ago; how much we love to laugh and be with one another; how much we love to "stick up" for one another; how we have grown to understand what sacrifice, respect, and love really mean. I am so grateful for a wonderful wife who loves the Lord; a wonderful wife who is an amazing mom; a wonderful wife who loves and supports me. I love you Mindy.

Enough of the sappiness. Since I am an accounting and finance nerd, here are some interesting facts about our marriage. During our 4 years of marriage, Mindy has been pregnant and/or nursing for a little over 2 years, we have had 8 different jobs, lived in 3 different places, and visited 9 countries on 3 different continents

More importantly, the Lord has provided a supportive family and many wonderful friends to encourage us along the way, provided countless timely messages and lessons, and provident an amazing network of pastors, counselors, and co-workers that love the Lord and provided much instruction and guidance. May these four years turn into 4 times 4 times 4 years of marriage. I love you Mbear.

1 comment:

jessel said...

Dave, you are such a Feeler! Although you try to fake it outwardly, you are truly a sap. i love it. Thanks for sharing your feelings with the world. Mindy is blessed too to have you for a hubby! happy belated anniversary!