Thursday, November 8, 2007

More cow bell (more pictures)/Quick Update




For folks that watch Saturday Night Live, the "More Cow Bell" skit is one that always makes Mindy and I laugh. In this case, you are not asking for more cow bell, but rather more pictures. Pictures are of David's mom, David's mom and dad, and David holding the baby.

It is Thursday AM and Mindy is doing well. Last night was a little rough, but Mindy is healing and the baby is doing fine. The baby is getting the hang of nursing. Everyone is tired, but welcome to the world of raising children!

We have received so many requests for meals and help. We will try to get ourselves organized and reply to folks once we get home on Friday. Many thanks again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so precious! That's so sweet that she is already sucking her thumb. So cute! Can't wait to meet her in person one day. Mindy--- you win the prize for the most intense labor and delivery story I have ever heard! I feel so bad that you had to go through ALL of labor AND have a c-section. I am sooooo sorry! You poor girl. But I'm so glad she is healthy and that you are doing well, also.
Michelle Friel

Adam and Hayley said...

Wow! She's so beautiful, and we think she looks like David!

Mindy, the second day (or night, depending on when you had her) is the worst. They made me get out of bed and walk about 24 hours after I had Charlotte, and I thought I was going to die! Just shifting my weight in the bed was a huge effort. When you add the pain of moving around to the stress and pain of nursing, and it is almost overwhelming. Recovery feels like it will take forever, but its amazing how quickly you bounce back. It gets easier, I promise!
One piece of advice that I found helpful was to take the pain meds before it starts to hurt. When the pain comes back, it comes back very quickly, and you need time for the meds to work, if you're off the epidural. They're safe for nursing, and pain and stress can interfere with your milk.
Remember we're here is you guys need anything, even just to talk!

Love,

Hayley, Adam and Charlotte

Mycharmingcolors said...

I can't believe she is already sucking her thumb!!! she is sooo beautiful mindy :-) she looks like a Jocelyn :-)

Unknown said...

Jocelyn is so adorable! Congratulations Mindy and David! Hopefully we'll all get to see her real soon :-) Mike and I will keep you in our prayers.

Jennifer